1. Subject to Article 29 of the "Shanghai Rail Traffic Management Regulations" (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulations"), we hereby formulate this Code.
2. The passenger shall comply with the Code.
3. The passenger shall comply with the following ticketing management regulations:
(1) The passenger shall hold a valid ticket;
(2) The passenger who overtakes stations shall pay the excess fare; After entering the charging zone, the passenger shall go out of the charging zone within a reasonable time; otherwise, the passenger shall pay one-way fare retroactively according to the network minimum fare;
(3) The passenger who is entitled to concession terms shall hold valid travel documents. Passengers shall not use impersonation documents or forged travel documents.
4. Among those who are entitled to free metro are the disabled servicemen with the "Disabled Serviceman Certificate of the People's Republic of China", the retired veterans with the “Retired Veterans Honor Certificate of the People's Republic of China” or the “Retired Veterans Honor Certificate of the People's Liberation Army”, the blind with the “Certificate for the Blind in Shanghai”, the family members of revolutionary martyrs with the “Preferential Card for Family Members of Revolutionary Martyrs in Shanghai”, and the disabled police with the “Disabled People's Police Certificate of the People's Republic of China”.
5. Passengers shall keep waiting in the security line. Passengers shall let others off first before getting on and mind the gap between the platform and the train; when train doors buzz and warning lights of doors, screen doors and security doors flash, the passenger shall not exit or board the train; when doors open or cloze, passengers shall not touch the doors; when the train arrives at the terminal, all passengers shall get off.
6. Priorities for boarding or exiting the training are given to passengers in need of help, including the old, young, sick, disabled, or pregnant and whoever embraces an infant while other passengers shall vacate the seats for them.
7. Passengers can bring for free a child with height no more than 1.3 meters (including 1.3 meters). If the number of the children is more than one person, they shall buy tickets by the excess number. The preschooler not accompanied with adult may not travel alone.
8. The items carried by the passengers shall not affect the travelling of others, and may not be more than 23 kg in weight, not more than 0.2 cubic meters in volume, or not more than 1.7 meters in length.
9. The following acts are prohibited:
(1) Intercepting the train;
(2) Unauthorized entry into tracks, tunnels and other prohibited zones;
(3) Climbing or getting across walls, fences, railings, turnstiles;
(4) Getting on and off by force;
(5) Smoking, spitting, urinating, spitting gum residue, throwing confetti and other debris;
(6) Unauthorized graffiti, depicts or posting;
(7) Unauthorized vehicle parking, debris stacking, performing, advertisement distribution or sales activities;
(8) Begging, lying down, and picking up discarded items;
(9) Carrying live birds and cats, dogs (except guide dogs) and other pets;
(10) Carrying bicycles (including folding bicycles);
(11) Carrying the flammable, explosive, toxic, radioactive, corrosive items and other dangerous goods liable to jeopardize the personal and property safety;
(12) Carrying items with serious odor or fragile, sharp objects without safety packaging;
(13) Using skateboards, roller skates;
(14) Use of emergency or safety devices under non-emergency circumstances.
10. The barefooted, the shirtless, those wearing greasy clothing, drunken perpetrators, patients with potent infectious diseases, mental patients without guardians or those whose health condition may endanger the safety of others, shall not be allowed to enter.
11. Passengers shall on their own initiative keep the station and the train compartments clean. Food and drink, loud noises or stamping on the station and compartment seats are prohibited.
12. Passengers shall properly use mass transit escalators, automatic fare collection machines, public transportation card top-up machines and other related amenities. The passenger shall give appropriate financial compensation for any damage on the amenities on the part of the passengers.
13. Passengers shall on their own initiative abide by instructions for ticketing, security and other aspects of rail transportation companies, accept and cooperate with security checks, comply with the use instruction of the service of contingency facilities, comply with the rail traffic staff management. When a dispute arises, they shall report it to the rail transportation business, but shall not affect the normal operation of the rail traffic management staff and rail transportation.
14. Passengers in violation of the "Regulations" and other relevant laws and regulations shall be punished in accordance with the "Regulations" and other relevant laws and regulations.
15. This Code shall come into effect as of June 26, 2016.
Shanghai Municipal Transportation Commission
Industry Supervision Hotline: +86-21-12319
Metro Service Hotline: +86-21-64370000